The features of 3M Littmann Lightweight II S.E. Stethoscope
This one is an ideal assessment tool having a diaphragm that can be tuned, excellent acoustic performance, dual sided chest piece and extremely light weight. The item is affordable as it comes at a very low price. The item comes with a useful teardrop shape which makes it ideal to use for blood pressure check as the diaphragm will easily adjust under the BP cuffs. The tool weighs just 118 gram which gives extreme support to the caregivers who are required to wear all through the day during their duty time. The design of the headset is anatomic which is essentially angled to make it easier for you to line it up with your ear canal. The rim of the system is non-chilled which brings in the much needed comfort for the patients.
The pros of 3M Littmann Lightweight II S.E. Stethoscope
- It is the most inexpensive yet quality product that you will ever see from a renowned manufacturer. The purpose of offering a low cost limited capacity product is to offer a tailor-made product for the entry level medical professionals.
- The item is tagged as lightweight and it is super light in weight in the literal sense. The professionals will find it quite easy to use and wear it all through the day with no signs of tiring or fatigue.
- The sound quality is excellent and found to be loud and clear. The professionals operating and usingit in congested and loud places will not be distracted at all.
- The model also has the tunable diaphragm as the other top products from the manufacturer. It allows hearing specifically to the lower and the high frequencies.
- The item can be found in different colors and you can customize yours according to your personal preferences. The color coding will help you locate your device easily from a bunch of stethoscopes.
- The chest piece has a flexible, tear-drop shape that makes it easier to place under blood pressure cuffs or bandages.
- The ear tips are sealed with a soft plastic layer which blocks the outside noises and keeps the ear tips firmly fixed to their position.
- The tubes are flexible enough to fold-into your pocket easily, without causing any damage or breakage.
- Keeping in view the allergic reactions of patients as well as doctors, the tubings of the stethoscope are not made from natural rubber latex.
The Cons of 3M Littmann Lightweight II S.E. Stethoscope
- It is highly unproductive for cardiac uses as it is rigid for the purpose of listening to the heart murmurs.
- There are some professionals who find it useful only for checking the blood pressure which does make worth a deal. The feel issues in listening to the lungs sound and a number of other needs for which this device is used.
- The size of the scope is too short which creates a lot of problem for tall professionals. Further, they also struggle in keeping a reasonable difference from the patients which their job and their own safety demands.
- The overall structural quality is not so good and you might find it less durable and reliable.
It is probably the most inexpensive stethoscope that you can ever have from a reputable manufacturer. It is unbeatable in terms of quality in performance and it is just its limitations which make it suitable only for the entry level medical professionals. The acoustic sensitivity and the quality of sound are as good as any other device from the manufacturer. Its downside is that it is not suitable for cardiac purposes and it is not effective in listening to the heart murmurs.